Sunday, March 3, 2019

Moving Snow in Style

As promised I am trying to catch up from being an absent blogger.  Over the course of a week I tend to make about a hundred plans for the weekend with every good intention of getting them all done.  A few weekends back Allyssia had some basic plans made but as always they got changed around before the weekend even started.  We planned on grabbing my father's small Mahindra tractor to move the snow that slid off from the barn roof and froze solid.  Saturday we did indeed get the tractor but the snowbank was so solid that even after working for a few hours we had hardly made a dent in giant ice pile.  At that point I made a phone call and luckily I was able to rent a pay-loader for Sunday. 
Long story short I rented it for three hours to move the ice block of snow that had come off the barn roof and it made such quick work of it I even had time to push all of my snowbanks back.  Having widened my driveway and moving all my snow that needed to be moved I returned the pay-loader thinking that just a few more storms to plow and I will be done but unfortunately I was wrong.  The week after having the pay-loader we had multiple days of high winds with the dry snow and ended with some four foot deep drifts.  I did not get any pictures of the drifts and when I was cleaning it up it was dark out.  I ended up spending around three hours on the borrowed tractor ever so slowly pushing the drifts and re clearing the driveway.  Knock on wood from here on out we will not have many more storms and I can be done moving snow until next winter! Remember to check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment