Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Fenders for Old Smokey

Last weekend we had a get together for Grammie's Birthday which was this past Tuesday, she turned 84 this year!  While over there I remembered that up in the pole barn there was a set of fenders that came off a an old Case loader that Grampa had at one point. 
This is really not the greatest picture of them. If it was a better picture you would see just how beat up these fenders really are. These fenders are over fifty years old and came off a tractor that was used in the town salt and sand pile so they are a fair bit rusty but were repainted years ago. 




Since the fenders were not original to Old Smokey they don't have the correct mounting brackets, nor are they the correct size.  I am not an overly picky person and am just glad to have fenders so the fact that they are a little short does not bother me. 



As for the mounting bracket, I could not find a U-Bolt large enough to go around the axle so I went ahead and got some half inch threaded rod and made my own U-Bolts.  The fenders are surprisingly sturdy but I would not recommend trying to sit on them!



From this angle the height difference between the tires and the fenders is noticeable but just about anything is an improvement over no fenders! I like them - so over all that's all that matters.
That's all for tonight and we hope you keep coming back to check in and leave a comment to let us know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment