Friday, May 11, 2018

A Tractor Realization

Since I've gotten my new Bongo truck there have been some strange little ruts appearing in my lawn that will need to be taken care of.  There is also quite a few divots and chunks of sod pushed up from my plowing and the previous owners.  A lot of the sod I will just get rid of and all the divots will get filled back in with loam.  I am not one that needs my yard looking like a golf course but I do like my lawn to look nice. I also enjoy doing yard work with the exception of raking. Raking is one thing that I really hate but that's why I have a nice lawn sweeper so that I don't have to rake.
I am gong to have to haul quite a bit of sod chunks off and haul a fair bit of loam around the yard to fill the ruts and holes.  I have been thinking about how slow it would be running back and fourth with the skid steer.  It finally dawned on me that the skid steer is a mini tractor and it will work perfect in unison with my mini truck. 
The Bucket makes it over the side and is able to dump perfectly.  I can also drop the sides or the tailgate to scoop out of it.  It sure beats a wheelbarrow!!  The bongo truck also needs a rear bumper and hitch so that I could pull a little trailer for dirt or wood if I didn't want it in the bed.  This weekend I am planning on pulling the front tires off from the skid steer and having tubes put in them and I am bringing a welder home and building the weight bracket for the back of the skid steer. 
                            Another view from the best side of the bongo truck and caterpillar.
Another Semi short term project is going to be getting some ATV tires on my spare rims for the bongo truck.  The stock tires are very narrow and the lawn is super wet so that doesn't help but a set of wider softer tired would tear the lawn up less.
                                                          ATV tires for the mini truck
I will probably get something along these lines that aren't to aggressive but will give decent flotation and grip.  We will be taking the mini truck four wheeling and probably camping to Mt Blue state park so I want some good tires.    That's It for tonight but stay tuned as usual.  We should be moving the farm-stand soon and that will be a catastrophe worthy of its own blog post that you wont want to miss.  Check back often! Until next time remember its not junk its rusty gold!

1 comment: