Sunday, May 27, 2018

The Oliver Coming to it's Forever Home

Last summer my Father Grampa and I loaded the Oliver on to the big deck over trailer with the attitude "how bad could it be".  Well two tractors, a winch and over an hour later and it was on the trailer.  We had trouble pushing it on the trailer because it would push slightly to one side or the other and start going off the ramps and we would have to roll it back off and start over again. 
We of course got it onto the trailer and got it home.  I worked on it a little bit at the old house but it was parked in the tall grass and did not give me much motivation to work on it.  Now that the lawn has dried I went to the old place to get it and bring it to the new home.  This time loading it, I did like we did with the farm-stand and used the rack truck, a winch and got it up with the help of a snatch block. 
I also used the smaller shorter trailer so the Oliver would not have as far to go up.  It loaded well and we tried pulling it off with the three wheeler because it loaded so easily but it did not work at all.  I ended up using a come-along to pull it towards the tipping point and it rolled right off the trailer and into it's new parking spot.
I really love this tractor and should have gotten it running before now but I am determined to get it running this summer. As usual stay tuned, check back often, and let me know how I am doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment