Monday, May 14, 2018

The Long Electrical Saga

I have been out late every night this past week working on the electrical between the house and the barn.  Last weekend I showed you all that we got the trench mostly dug and then finished Monday.  Tuesday night Allyssia and I ran down to Home Depot and bought a whole pile of 1 1/2" conduit and fittings and then Wednesday started running the conduit. 





On the garage I was able to just put a nice little hole with a hole saw and run the conduit straight into the panel I have in the garage.  On the house end I had to bore through the concrete with the hilti concrete drill.  On each end of the conduit I have the open back boxes that make pulling the wire easier.  Tony from F.A.T Electric gave me some pulling string to run through the conduit to make pulling the wire easier. 

Thursday night we went to Home Depot again and picked up all kinds of wire.  We had three different types of wire that we needed totaling to over two hundred feet.  I also got some yellow caution tape to bury about ten inches above the conduit so that when I dig in this area next I know where the wire is buried.  
Before I bring Grampa's tractor back tomorrow I just had to fill the trench in.  I was filling the trench to cover the conduit and put the caution tape and decided that I didn't want to shovel it all in by hand.
Now that all the wire is pulled and the 100amp panel is set in the garage I am back to waiting for Tony to come splice and finish the wiring up.  Hopefully we will have power at the barn again soon. I know that these pictures are kind of boring but the week has been less than boring.
Remember everyone to stay tuned and let me know how I am doing.  




1 comment:

  1. Happy to see your progress. Xxoo aunt joan

    ReplyDelete