Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I swear they must be Multiplying

In my line of work I get to see a lot and I also get to know my customers really well.  Some of my customers send me home with sweets when I work there others send me Christmas cards.  There is also a third option when you talk old equipment with people.  Occasionally they send you home with an old tractor.  Now when someone gives you a tractor that means it is in similar condition to most things that I find, non running and rusty.  Well big surprise this one is no exception. 
The tractor has been sitting for almost 20 years.  This is not your average Oliver crawler it was customized with a model A truck transmission put in between the engine and the origional transmission gearing the tractor down even more.  I had to pull it out of the back yard and around front to get it on the trailer.




After sitting for 20 years it rolled extremely easy...after I took both transmissions out of gear.  I left it set in the front yard for about a week before my father and I went to get it.  I planned on having a nice video of us loading it but either myself or my father bumped the camera and all I got was a video of the ground with my father and I talking back and fourth. 



I chained it down and threw the tires from Allyssia's cars back on the trailer and headed on home with my new prize.  That same day I also took the studded tires off the car and brought them to my parents to use my tire changer.  It looked kinda funny in the yard but I don't have any jack stands so onto the wooden blocks it went.
Everything that I did that day went well from the tires to loading the dozer to all of my other little projects I did it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment