Sunday, May 20, 2018

Let There be Light

After about three weeks with no lights in the barn,and with Allyssia and I working evenings on the trench, conduit and pulling wire, Tony our electrician finally was able to bring the light.  He showed up at almost six thirty at night when we both were out of work and started in the barn.  The barn panel had to be brought up to code and then the new wire tied in.  After that we spliced the wire in the barn to the underground wire in the conduit. 
With my hard job of watching, Tony tied the wire from the barn to my 100amp sub panel in the garage.  I ran a 100amp panel in the garage to leave room for expansion and to accommodate my 220v welder and pressure washer. 

The sub panel came out decent looking but I lost a lot of shelf space.  It was a pretty decent trade off though to have better power and lights. 




Lastly we tied into the main panel in the basement.  My main panel is just a small 100amp main so it is a little bit overloaded at the moment. 
Tony killed all power to the house to rearrange the panel and make the large breaker fit better.  Tony is scheduled to come to the house during regular business hours to replace my main service with a 200amp.  It has been a long time without power but we are so thankful to Tony Flag at F.A.T Electric for answering all of my questions and ultimately hooking up our power.  As always check back for updates and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment