Saturday, July 7, 2018

Project Closure and Project Beginings

As promised I finished the wall in the hay room.  Finishing it up was just a matter of running a hammer, a bucket of 16 penny nails and some pine boards.
Since the wall is just to keep tractors out - I mean keep the hay in, it didn't need to be a full boarded wall and this way I saved a lot of money on lumber.  The nails were all left by the previous owner just like the 8 penny nails and the boards I used for the floor.  I still have the other side of the pole barn to frame and floor up but I cant order the lumber from Dimension Lumber until Monday as they are o vacation. I started some other projects and last week I picked up a new project.  The first and most important project is one I have been putting off for a while but have finally tore into, Allyssia's four wheeler.






Its a 1999 (much newer than I am used to) Polaris Sportsman 335.  We took it in on partial trade for horse board along with a parts machine that had been cut and welded with a longer frame.  I had to replace the whole front end on this Polaris because it had fallen off a trailer and beaten the gearbox and hub assemblies to hell.  I swapped the front end over and got it running for the summer until it started running rough.  That winter I rebuilt the carburetor and still the same problem.  After asking around and doing quite a bit of research and testing I determined that the intake boot was either cracked or not sealing up and letting air into the engine causing it to not idle and making it run rough. Well this little jem right here is hopefully the culprit and for $25 I will have it fixed!



It was easy to remove and I hope it goes just as well going back in.  Once Allyssia's four wheeler is running and ready for the trail I will move onto the project that I didn't need but bought because I just couldn't pass them up.  I brought home 2 Yamaha Big Bear 350 four wheelers.  One of them is rough, it needs all four tires and who knows what. But the other has four good tires, great compression and even fires over with a little bit of gas squirted into it. 



Just like most things I get it is nothing pretty to look at but once I get it running it will be a fun little machine.  Stay tuned for updates on both four wheelers and all of the other projects in between around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment