Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tales of a Super A

As was promised yesterday I have much more to tell about the newest addition the herd that I wasn't even planning on buying.  Now I haven't done a ton of research on it as of now so I don't know what year it is but, it is in decent shape.  As mentioned we pushed it onto the trailer with my fathers tractor and rolled it off at home and there it set in the driveway.  After it had settled into it's new home Grampa came to check it out and helped me to get it running.
We did not get it running that day even after checking through the ignition system completely.  We did come to the conclusion that the magneto which creates the spark was going to have to come off.  The next day I started prepping the Magneto to come off and unhooked the kill wire and all of the plug wires.  Just for fun I put the plug wires back and left the kill switch wire off and tried it and what do you know it fired up!




Yes that is a battery with booster cables to start it and I have good reason for starting it like that.  Since this tractor is Magneto fired it doesn't need a battery to run and it just happens to be a six volt system and I don't have a six volt battery. 
And just like that, all nestled in next to old smokey.  It looks good in the picture but right now it is up on blocks with no front tires while Al's Tires gets the new tri-rib front tires installed.  Eventually this tractor will need a name as well but nothing has come to me yet.  As always stay tuned and check back often.  Next time we should have a good running video of the new Super A!!

No comments:

Post a Comment