Monday, July 30, 2018

While Allyssia was away.......

Cricket and I are both super excited that Allyssia is finally home.  Cricket can finally stop being anxious because her mom is home and I can rest a little easier with help cooking and taking care of the horses.  That's not to say that while Allyssia was gone we didn't have fun.  My last blog post on Friday was after a really busy day doing everything we could around the house so that Saturday I could take off.  I had Jacob, Allyssia's brother with me and we went up to Bradley to the Maine Forest and Logging Museum  At the last engine show I went to I was invited up with my Quadractor to the logging show that they have.  I love tractor shows and I love logging museums so I loaded up and away we went!
While loading, I found a way to fit the skid steer on the car trailer along with the Quadractor, because I thought the skid steer was just as odd as the Quadractor and I like to use it for logging or at least doing firewood.  The biggest attraction, and I mean biggest to draw in a crowd and the biggest physically is the Lombard Log hauler.  The Lombard is a log hauling machine that was designed and built right here in Maine and is just an amazing piece of history.

 The folks at the logging museum have worked hard getting this Lombard into the amazing shape that it is in and they continue to keep it running and driving to give rides.  I was luckily enough to ride on the front where the steering man sits and ride around the museum grounds.  The Lombard is not the only thing there at the museum, they have an amazing setup of saw mills from the water powered mill to the circular saw mill and many other tools in between!  I recommend to anyone to try to make it to any of their events to help keep the museum open for years to come. 



On the way up to the Museum was also the first time that I was able to use my new truck magnets for the farm.  I modeled them after my business cards and made them just right to fit onto the side panels of the Quadractor as well.  Unfortunately they came a day late for me to use them on the most recent tractor buying expedition.  On Thursday I bought a Super A Farmall tractor.  It had been under a tarp but the tarp had since shredded. I was super lucky that it was complete and just down the road from my parents house so my father drove his tractor down and pushed it on the trailer.



 
It is one of the smaller sized Farmall tractors with the offset front end so that you can see what you are cultivating or plowing without having to look over a hood.  I got it with all four original wheel weights a set of chains and a box of spare parts.   The rear tires were still inflated decently enough but the front tires are extremely cracked and beaten up so they will probably get replaced.  Other than the tires the tractor looks in good shape and might someday be a good restoration project.  Now I don't want to dive into the Super A to much tonight and ruin tomorrow's blog post so stay tuned and check back as often as you can.  As always leave a comment and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment